One important communication system for businesses (and everyone else) is the Internet. And while we are all familiar with searches, email, and social media, here are a few facts about the Internet that you may not know:
• South Korea has the fastest Internet download speeds in the world, while the Congo has the slowest.
• The first data transmitted over Internet technology was “Log” in 1960. The user was actually attempting to type “login” but the system crashed after the letter “g”.
• AT&T created the first ever Internet banner advert.
• Over 80% of all the emails sent every day are spam.
• Google is actually a misspelling of the word googol. A googol as the number one followed by a hundred zeros.
• Almost half of the UK’s Internet users access it through mobile devices.
Do you have any other facts about the Internet that you would like to share? If so leave your comments below.